Prev: RE: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: First mini pics for Gropos

Re: [SG2] 2 questions

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:38:18 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [SG2] 2 questions

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Beth Fulton wrote:

[...]
>  >I'm trying to remember how we did it.
>  >I believe we had the defender making a
>  >Confidence Test. So, with the overrun,
>  >it is possible for the defender to run
>  >away. However, if it does, we didn't allow
>  >a second overrun move by the
>  >attacker.
>
> We always just repeat the whole process again (including voluntary
> retreat). However after seeing one close combat move the entire length
of
> the board "I'm going in... OK I'll flee... OK I' chasing... OK I'
fleeing
> again...."

*laugh*
That reminds me of the very first StarGrunt game I played. KR did a
little demo game for a few of us at Origins. One guy (a friend of
Mike Miserendino's, I believe) had a sniper picking away at our
units, pinning them down left, right, and center. I finally got one
of my squads unsuppressed (by virtue of our platoon leader) and
they flushed out the sniper (who apparently kept falling out of trees;
he blew his 'hidden movement' rolls that badly). We chased him halfway
across the board before we got out of the woods, then charged him. We
charged, he retreated, we followed through, he, retreated, we followed
through again, he routed ("hey, nice las-rifle we found!"). It was kinda
funny. :-)

Prev: RE: [DS2 and Starguard] Aliens in micro scale Next: Re: First mini pics for Gropos