Prev: RE: [SG2][DS2] battalion or regimental level meta-game Next: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:38:40 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals

> Mr. Pope or anyone who has tried this, if you're listening,

I havne't tried it myself, but I've read about it...

> I was thinking about some decals for some of my APCs. Some NATO
> style markings from an SFOR book I have.
>
> I see some inkjet printing decals on the net (with white or clear
> backgrounds). I wonder if they'll work in a normal inkjet, though
> they make references to the dry ink of the ALPs printer. I'm
> thinking to myself that, if you let the ink from the normal inkjet
> dry, then covered it with the spray "decal set", you could then
> immerse the dryed result in water (to apply) without it wrecking the
> printed result. I am sure someone has experimented to a great extent
> somewhere along the line. Let me know if it's a likely scenario I
> have crafted or if I'm destined for disappointment.

Here is a preview of a "system" that seems to claim otherwise unless you
use
their produce (fancy that) but it does bring up a valid point (ink
pooling
on the decal paper).

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/reviews/pre_inkjet.htm

...and here is another review of that same product:

http://www.paper-paper.com/corel.html

...and yet another:

http://www.kithobbyist.com/IPMSAuckland/nltr/August2000.html#Supercal%20
Clea
r%20Decal%20Kit

MicroMark does sell special decal paper for inkjets, including a
fixative
spray.

http://www.dxmarket.com/micromark/dir/26.html

Oddly not listed on the web page, but in the catalog is this item:

82325 Try-it Pack
"Contains one clear and one white inkjet decal paper sheet, plus one can
of
fixative spray."
$16.75

If none of that works, or you just don't want to bother let me know.  We
will do custom work with (what I consider to be) reasonable rates.

Hope this is of some help.

Tom

Prev: RE: [SG2][DS2] battalion or regimental level meta-game Next: RE: [OT] inkjet printer decals