Prev: Re: Dremel Next: RE: Transparent things

RE: Transparent things

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:42:55 -0500
Subject: RE: Transparent things

At 10:24 AM 1/12/01 -0600, you wrote:

>That's what I had in mind awhile ago; basically, the little press-down
>domes on plastic cup lids mounted on some flat space of other ship
models.
>I know I've seen art of similar things many places.

I intend to make an asteroid settlement in a similar fashion.  I've been
saving domes from gumball containers for years now....	Ideally, I'd
like
to terrain the interior of the dome; at this scale it would be very easy
create a fields, a small forest, maybe even a small lake.

In an ideal world, one where I knew what I was doing, I'd include a
grain
of wheat bulb at the top of the dome to act as an artificial sun -- the
body of the asteroid could certainly fit a battery, and the result would
look (I think) Pretty Damn Good.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Dremel Next: RE: Transparent things