Prev: RE: Studio Bergstrom RE: Protector RE: AT-PAK...????? Next: Wizard and...? Re: Dremel..Tom

Re: Dremel

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:24:54 -0800
Subject: Re: Dremel

>I know the 0-5000 adjustable range on the 275 is pretty great for
working in
>plastics and resins. But just how bad is 5000 rpm for resin or plastic?
>Enough to justify more than doubling the price? Or should I just buy
the
>variable model 395?

I have a variable speed model 395. The answer depends on what you're
going to do with it. If you're only going to use it for cutting, etc.
then just go with that.

However, if you plan to use it for plastic model kits and other hobby
uses, there are certain effects and techniques (totally unrelated to
any FT or DS needs) that having that 0-5000 RPM is very useful.
Examples: thinning plastic fuselage on WWI aircraft; modelling
imperfect steel for WWII armor; precision drilling in plastic, resin,
or wood.

When I first got my variable speed, it had all I needed at the time.
NOW, I wish I had something more.

Hope this helps,

Prev: RE: Studio Bergstrom RE: Protector RE: AT-PAK...????? Next: Wizard and...? Re: Dremel..Tom