Prev: [FT] Henti was Re: [FT] Command FireCon (long) Next: AT-PAK Micro Space Ship Miniatures?????

RE-[FT]Command firecon

From: "bif smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:29:32 -0000
Subject: RE-[FT]Command firecon

S.B.schoonmaker wrote

>They do NOT fire at the same time; they must wait to be activated as
>normal, and may only fire with weapons that remain at the time of
>activation. The other ships must use the same position for all fire
>that turn.

Why not allow the ships to fire at the same time?, as long as the target
is
within the range of  the firing ships. This would have advantages if you
do
not use simutaneous firing, but would also, if firing most or all of
your
weapons, leave you vulnerable to any counter fire from other ships and
unable to respond. You would have to balance the advantages of being
able to
overwhelm or destroy a target with all the ships firing simutaneously,
against the disadvantages of leaving your ship(s) vulneable to other
ship(s). After all, there would be no advantage, that I can see with
most
weapons, to having all ships firing as if from a closer point, because
there
is no separate role to hit (excepting p.torps)

Just a rough idea.

.BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: [FT] Henti was Re: [FT] Command FireCon (long) Next: AT-PAK Micro Space Ship Miniatures?????