Prev: RE: [FT] AAR ESU vrs NAC Next: Re: mobility in DS2

Re: FMAS

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 17:33:49 -0800
Subject: Re: FMAS

>One idea worth considering is abstracting it all and stating that
figures
>are always in the most tactically advantageous position, given terrain,
>targets of opportunity, etc. That way when someone forgets to put down
>chit for "prone" his figure, who doesn't know any better, doesn't get
>whacked as easy. If it's abstracted, it lets you worry more about using
>terrain to your advantage for movment, rather than the minutia that
tend to
>bog down games.

I like the level of detail In Position from Stargrunt provides. If a
figure
spends an action and passses a reaction test it would be consitered
using
whatever cover it has to its best advantage. The actual position the
figure
would be in can be determined from what cover is around (kneeling if by
wall, on his belly behind a rock praying if in the open) and one
mechanic
covers the action. It would also give experenced troopers an edge rather
than assuming a green ganger can get as much benifit from cover as an
elite
commando.

It doesn't seem to model crawling around on your belly though.

>"Ok, Pvt. Joe Neckbone is going to roll on his right side to get off a
>shot."
>Wait, doesn't he have a canteen on his web belt on the right side?"
>"Oh yeah you're right, he'll be negative 2 to hit that way, I'll just
have
>him slinky out on his belly to get the shot off."
>"Wait, shouldn't that chocolate bar in his pocket be melting by
now....."

Prev: RE: [FT] AAR ESU vrs NAC Next: Re: mobility in DS2