Prev: Re: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: [FT] Starfire Bug designs

[FT] Con Force Sheets

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:59:20 -0500
Subject: [FT] Con Force Sheets

Greetings!

I have a FT game in the upcoming GZG-ECC that includes
a fair number of ships. I now have all of them in SSD
format (using Visio) and am getting ready to print
print them out. Now I have this question:

What is the best way to organize them for printing?

My game is designed for 4-12 people (2-6 per side).
The Human side has UNSC, ESU, FSE or PAU, NAC and
NSL task forces. The Kra'Vak side is divided into
clans (players), but I wanted to leave the division
of ships up to the players at game time.

Last year I ran a Human vs pre-FB2 Sa'Vasku force. I
Had 2-3 ships per page, but only divided the pages
by Human/SV. This meant that sometimes players were
marking off on the same sheets or tearing sheets into
halves.

My first thought for this year was to print the ships
onto index cards by ship type (Vandenburg, Nanuchka,
etc.) and distribute the stack of each Nation to a
player. Each of the ships are numbered, both on the
miniature and SSD, so the cards could be organized
into numerical order. This would also facilitate
trimming the forces down if I get fewer players than
expected. This also allows the KV to split their
forces easier.

However, someone on the list mentioned an aversion
to flipping through SSD pages. I could print as many
as 6 SSDs on one 8.5x11 sheet, but I fear this would
lead to sheet-sharing.

So, again,  my question to the list (and specifically
GZG-ECC going FT players is:

What is the best way to organize them for printing?
Multiple Cards? Fewer Pages? Something else?

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/ft/
-----

Prev: Re: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: [FT] Starfire Bug designs