Prev: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:03:35 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> Nathan said
> > > Finally, just to throw a new idea into the FB3 pot, has
> > > anyone considered IF suicide crews in the past?
> > > These would not need to roll a 6 to ram, but would
> > > only be found on very small vessels
>
> Alan said, probably with malice aforethought:
> > Make it a 5 or 6. But only ships with no warp capability.
>
> Of course, *most* IF ships have no FTL capability.

Exactly. No problems for them.

> I'm hoping the weapons mix of SMR/fighters + stingboats + lots of
> beams will let the IF make use of "combined arms" operations.

They've certainly got a unique flavour to them. At first glance, not
unbalanced either way.

I admit that I didn't like the idea of a non-FTL fleet too much when I
first
saw it.  But on second thoughts you appear to have made it work pretty
well.

Prev: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures