Prev: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

Re: FT in a Fluid

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 19:36:22 -0800
Subject: Re: FT in a Fluid

Allan rebutted to my comments:
> >Why?  (think "airplane" here--do they need ballast?)
>
> Depends on the thickness of the fluid and the model I'm using. If
it's fairly
> thin, you need Bernoulli's principle (and forward motion, ala
aircraft) to
> keep the craft aloft. If I use a submarine, or an airship, model you
need
> ballast.

Okay, I see what you're saying.  You wouldn't need ballast "to stay
afloat" but you could perhaps pump in atmosphere to change the craft's
overall density and thus altitude.

> >I think "Scots" and "alien" overlap, don't they?
>
> Actually, no! I have a quote from a Canadian comedy TV show that
shows that
> Scots and aliens ARE different. It was the score for a soccer game.
"Once
> again, the final score, Alien Overlords, 22,000. Scotland, zip!"

Ah, but that's a *different* batch of aliens, you see.	Besides,
Canadians is aliens too--my wife is a Canadian and it says right here

Prev: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures