Prev: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: Re: DS-Bolos

Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

From: Richard Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:31:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

Peter Mancini wrote:

> Right!  I think it would be very unbalancing on second thoght and
gaging
> from the opinion of more seasoned FTers.  MK makes a good argument for
not
> including area effect for Shadow Beams.  In retrospect it makes sense
my
> imagination that they are hideous enough to swipe through many ships -
just
> look at any WWII diary written by any regular G.I. Joe and all German
tanks
> they encounter are Tigers.  Battle seems to become bigger in the eye
of
> memory.

I think that the Sa'Vasku rules (as written in FB2) can be used to
create
perfectly
good shadow vessels if you dedicate 40% of hull mass to power generators
(up to
20 thrust, or more beam dice than you can shake a stick at, or REALLY
long
range.	Ships for fighter or anti-fighter operations trade power for
hull

Prev: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: Re: DS-Bolos