Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions Next: Re: mobility in DS2

Re: mobility in DS2

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:27:45 -0600
Subject: Re: mobility in DS2

This system does work in some games, I'll give you that, but I'd hate to

see it in DS. I like the way movement is integrated. It keeps things
fluid and fairly well balanced. It also makes decision making something
you do not want to rush as you account for the varying speeds (and
therefore interactions) of the different units on the board.

Andrew Martin wrote:

> One concept that I think would be great is to ignore movement distance
> altogether. This would then mean that movement occurs similarly to
Crossfire
> for WWII.
>     Movement for a unit then becomes simply, an optional turn (to face
> movement direction), then move in a straight line to the destination.
Your

--
The Middle Ages were a great time to be alive,
because if you weren't wiped out by the Plague

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions Next: Re: mobility in DS2