Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: RE: [SG2] - Pictures of models

RE: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:47:05 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs

I've drooled over these piccies off the web page. Unfortunately the
price
puts it way out of contention for amassing 4 or more vehicles to lift a
platoon or two. To put it in perspective (at least for Australia), $35
USD
is about $65AUD and we haven't figured in postage yet. For a one off
well
detailed model I might handle this cost but not for a table playing kit.

GZG vehicles here in Oz cost around $20 to $40 for most size 3 to 4
vehicles
with a couple of BIG tanks and an APC at $50!
You can easily purchase 4 APCs including a command/Fire Support Variant
for
under $100AUD (thats about $55 USD)!!

To make it even worse, a range of 1/48 scale vehicles are on the market
from
a company called ZHENGDEFU. These are fairly cheap plastic motorised
modern
tanks covering most major variants in the world (Abrahams, Challenger,
Leclerc, M60, T-72, T-80, T-90) as well as the Marder and Bradley!!!
Have a
look on Phoenix models page:
http://www.phoenix-model.com/zhengdefu_military.htm

These are only $8-00 US!!!!

We found them on a special at a discount place for $6-00 AUD (yeah $3-00
US!!) so bought every model we could find. The best bit was when we
snaffled
14 of them on special at HALF PRICE!!! Yeah $3-00 AUD/$1-50 USD!!; so
far we
have managed to acquire about 40 vehicles including:

platoon of T-72, platoon of T-80, two platoon AMX-30, platoon plus of
Leclerc, platoon of Marder, mixed platoon Japanese Type-74/90 and
platoon
plus of Merkava!!!!!

Now that was my REAL christmas present!