Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: Bunkers in SG2

Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:43:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, bif smith wrote:

> Shaddows beam weapon?- No, I dislike this. For shaddows, try a BB/BC
sized
> SV ship with 1 gun, light hull, plenty of power generators, drone womb
and a
> CLOAKING device (say, 5% total mass, mass x4 for cost, requires power
points
> equal to cost to cloak/decloak, + 2 power point per turn it intends to
> remain cloaked (must be decided and the power points paid for when
> cloaking). Also, due to the suprise effect of it decloaking, is
allowed to
> fire first).

General Query: why a cloaking system on the Shadow vessels? (others
have proposed this before; I just never got around to asking about
it) They didn't have this technology in the show (the 'suddenly
appearing out of nowhere' bit was their method of going into/out of
hyperspace - in other words, FTL, but not a cloak).

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: Bunkers in SG2