Prev: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams Next: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams

Re: strike the colors rule

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:38:37 -0500
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

>Alan said
>  >There is one issue that hasn't been raised. After a ship has taken
the
last
>  >hull box, is it *really* destroyed? Or is it a wreck floating in
space?

Beth said
> We play the rule (written in one of the rule books somewhere) that
once a
> ship losses its last hullbox then you see how much "overkill damage"
there
> is and if you roll higher than that on 1D6 then its a hulk but not a
debris
> field, but if you fail then it explodes impressively.

My view is that the last hull box is "beyond economic repair", not
vaporized.  It's not like wet navy where you take X damage, then sink.
If
it were ever of sufficient interest, I'd say perhaps "if it takes
another
row of damage after the last one, it's small bits of scrap--if it takes
two
rows of overkill, it's vapor and slag."

Prev: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams Next: Re: re-FT, wave guns & needle beams