Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

Re: strike the colors rule

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 4 Jan 2001 11:30:54 -0800
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

On Wed, 03 January 2001, Beth Fulton wrote:

> In the orders phase you could simply write down SCUTTLE and then x
turns
> later it happens... if you want to add some risk to the procedure you
make
> it that you roll as if you've got an engine critical every turn before
the
> scuttling turn (in case it goes up early). If you want to reverse the
> scuttling you have to make a successful repair roll (or if you're Kirk
or
> Picard wait until the counter gets to 0:00:01 and press the cancel
button).

I like this!

Another option is just to make it an immediate engine critical that you
write in the orders phase. No turns are given, you just immediately give
the ship an engine critical. At the end of the turn, the scuttled ship
checks to see if the warp core went critical. In the meantime, the ship
is considered empty.

This is a neat idea, as it gives (with boarding rules) a reason to send
a crew over to try and end the scuttling.

I know that in the Second World War scuttling was often done by ships of
the same fleet deliberately sinking the vessel after it was emptied. I
can see players being allowed to fire on their own ships. I would allow,
in this instance, shields to be considered "off" and so any attacks on
the ship ignore shields.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3