Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: [?] Fighter Rerolls

Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: "Nathan" <Nathan_at_Spring_Grove_UK@e...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:34:26 -0000
Subject: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 11:57
Subject: Nathan's FB3 comments, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

Nathan asked:
>> Regards the OC, does ANYBODY have any information on
>> what this bloc is supposed to be?

> The ORC ships (ORC is Jon's own abbreviation, not mine)

I hadnt noticed ORC in FB2. Have I missed a reference?

> are supposed to come from the Outrim Coalition. I strongly
> suspect that the 2193 entry in the FB2 timeline gives a hint
> of the origins of the ORC <g>

I had read that to mean that mankind has to divide into two
factions; those who ultimately are prepared to sacrifice the
outworlds to defend the inner colonies, and those who would
sooner take their chances on their own in the outworld.

NI, the LLAR, the SK and the NFR automatically fall into the
second category (unless the LLAR have holdings in the inner
systems). The NAC and the ESU are stated as having capitals
remote from Sol. Do we know how far out Albion and Nova
Moskva are?

Why the grin?

Nathan

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: [?] Fighter Rerolls