Prev: Re: NAC Fleet F/S Next: Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit

Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 3 Jan 2001 11:07:53 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit

On Wed, 03 January 2001, FAIVRE Renaud TPC-SRD wrote:

> Transferring Action :
>
> 1/ Can a Command Unit transfer action 2 times to the same Subordinate
Unit in
> one turn ?

No.

Sort of.

A command unit may only transfer an action to any one unit once for
every activation of the command unit.

If the command unit is using both actions to do a Transfer Action, it
must declare both units before the communication roll is made. The
command unit may only transfer one action to any given unit.

However, if the command unit is itself activated a second time in a
turn, due to a Transfer Action coming from the command unit's superiors,
that command unit can in turn do a Transfer Action to the same squad(s)
as before.

Example: say you've got a BIG game with a full company on the table. You
have 3 platoons in the company, numbered 1, 2, and 3. Platoon 1 has
squads A, B, and C.

Platoon 1 Commander activates. He has 2 actions he can use, at most, to
do Transfer Actions. He can activate squads A and B; or B and C; or A
and C; or just A; or just B; or just C. He decides to Transfer an action
to squads A and B. He tries his communication roll to squad A. The roll
fails! Too bad, the action is wasted. He tries to communicate with squad
B, and that succeeds. Squad B is activated.

Later in the turn, the Company Commander activates. He does a Transfer
Action to the Platoon 1 Commander. He decides to try and activate squads
A and B again. This is legal even though he tried the Transfer Action
command on his activation that turn. Assuming both communication rolls
work this time, both Squad A and Squad B get two actions.

> 2/ If a Command Unit active a Subordinate Unit with is first action,
when
> does
> the Command Unit take it's second action ?
>     (Just after the full activation of the Subordinate Unit ?)

The rules state that if command unit is going to transfer both actions
to other units, both have to be declared and resolved at the same time.
So the command unit would do a communication roll for the first squad
then a communication roll for the second squad, then first squad does
its two actions, then the second squad does its two actions.

However, if it is only transferring actions to one squad, the transfer
is done first, the squad does its two actions, then the command unit
does its second action.

In most cases this won't make a lot of difference, but I can see why you
would want it clarified.

Assume that the command unit does its actions one at a time, and that
the Transfer Action and the activating of that subordinate unit, is an
extension of the first action. The only thing is that the command unit
must declare all units it will be transferring actions to before it
resolves any of them.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: NAC Fleet F/S Next: Re: [SG2] Re-Activeted Unit