Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: strike the colors rule

Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:59:51 +1100
Subject: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

G'day Glenn,

 >That sounds good - how often does that occur?

Well we float the table at least once ever game (its usually my fault...

"there she goes again" being a comon comment). However, as for having
two
forces fly too far off either end and so having to use grid paper,
that's
on happened a handful of times (I'd say less than 1- 5% of the games).

 >And if the table 'extends' forever what's to keep
 >a bloodthirsty gamer from going 'for the jugular'
 >other then self-preservation

Well we play the "strike the colours" rule (though more as a morale
"we're
not hanging around in the middle of all this" rather than a "we
surrender"
kind of thing) and critical hits, so after about 3-4 rounds of combat
its
pretty clear who should give up and go home. In campaign games where
there's an extra incentive no to die, we've seen games where people fly
in
see what the other guy's got (for future reference) and then hightailed
it
out of there without a shot ever being fired. There was also a
proliferation of "how can we cripple/capture ship without destroying it"
ideas.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: strike the colors rule