Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: Fighter House Rules.

Re: Islamic Federation, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:40:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Islamic Federation, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

At 2001.01.02 -0800 21:27, you wrote:
>Nathan said, re IF Suicide Crews
> > Yes, the only gain is the extra die of damage in the first
> > example. I'm more accustomed to dealing with FT designs
> > where there would be more hull. Under FB it does seem to
> > make more sense to have more weapons on a very weak
> > hull, assuming that the strikeboats are numerous enough
> > for survivability to not be an issue.
>
>I don't really mind if he shoots at my sting boats--that way he's not
>shooting at my cruisers or battleships.  But I'd take 10 or more
>stingboats (ash Shaulah means "the stinger") just to keep him
>interested--preferably arriving at the same time as a SMR strike.
>
> > To put the case even
> > further against ramming, the designs you have in mind
> > appear to be only thrust-6, which doesn't give a very good
> > chance of ramming an undamaged (non-Swabian) target.
>
>The corvette design I'm thinking of is
>
>Khabar CT
>Mass 12 Cost 42
>2 Hull (mass 2)
>MD 9 (mass 5)
>No FTL
>1 FCS (mass 1)
>4 submunitions or 2 needles or other combination (mass 4)
>
>(for wazirs or other high ranking ministers, use the wimp
>version--delete FCS and weapons, add FTL + 2 armor + 2PDS.  However,
>the Sultan and most amirs feel that a battlecruiser is a better way to
>travel--particularly in light of the fact that the *other* amirs also
>travel via battlecruiser).
>
><snip>

In our PBEM game, the ash Shaula put fear into me.
10 of them with a SMR could have ruined my whole day.
Most of the other options have a range of 12 of less.
Giving them a reach of 24, makes them fearful.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
---

Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: Fighter House Rules.