Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: strike the colors rule

Re: Fighter House Rules.

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:26:08 -0800
Subject: Re: Fighter House Rules.

>My fighter house rules, open for your comments.
>1. That fighter are launched and recovered during primary fighter
movement
>phase.

This doesn't seem like that much of a house rule. FB1 specifies that
fighters are launched in Phase 3 (Move Fighter Groups) anyway.

>2.Launching fighters can placed anywhere within 6" inches of the
carrier.
>Launching counts as their primary fighter phase, but they can act
normally
>Landing fighters must be 6" of the carrier.

This confuses me slightly, but sounds relatively harmless. FB1 says
that launched fighters must move before all other fighters, but can
otherwise act normally on the turn of launch.

>3. Any ship can launch or land fighters equal to half of number of
fighter
>bays left.

We discussed this several times on the list. I believe that St. Jon
eventually said that all bays could launch or recover in any given
turn. However, this works.

>4. Any ship has deck crews equal to the number of fighter bays (Be gone
evil
>SFB spirits.) Which can land or recover fighters, or rearm fighters.

As I recall, we figured that it would take 1 turn to rearm fighters.
However, this is more detailed, and if you like it: go with it!

>5. Rearming fighter, During the record-keeping phase, a d6 is rolled
for
>each fighter. if the result is equal to or greater than the strength of
>fighter group it is rearmed. Running tab must be kept.

This doesn't make sense to me. Rearming shouldn't have a random
element - or at least not one that depends on the strength of the
group. A full strength group is significantly penalized compared to a
group with 3 fighters left; much more than the 2:1 numerical ratio
would suggest.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited! Next: Re: strike the colors rule