Prev: [Ft} FBII Ship Bits Next: Re: [Ft} FBII Ship Bits

Re: [SG2] Questions

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 29 Dec 2000 07:53:55 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] Questions

On Fri, 29 December 2000, FAIVRE Renaud TPC-SRD wrote:

> Some questions about SG2 rules :

And I have some answers!

> Reaction Fire :
> Performing one action of Reaction Fire uses up the whole activation of
the un
it
> that fires. It may do nothing more that turn.
> It's not possible for a QG squad to Re-active the unit by a
successfull
> communication ?

Yes, it is. Reaction Fire takes up both actions of the unit doing it.
Their ent
ire activation is used up. They can still be activated by the command
unit, tho
ugh, through a Transfer Action. Remember, a Transfer Action is really
the comma
nd unit's action, not the action of the squad receiving it.

So, yes, the command squad can do a communication roll and transfer an
action t
o the squad that did Reaction Fire. That squad would then get a free
activation
.

> Non Penetrating Hit Vehicule
> In case of confidence test fail, the crew must bail out of the
vehicule. Even

> the vehicule is Suppressed ?

Yes. Basically a failed confidence test means the crew THINKS the
vehicle is go
ing to go on fire, explode, about to be shot at again and this time
destroyed,
whatever. Even though a suppressed result means that everyone is
supposed to be
 pinned inside the vehicle, the failed confidence test means the crew
(and anyo
ne else inside) makes a run for it.

> Aerospace Operations
> Bombing mission by ground attack craft, should be dealt with as
off-table
> support in the same way as artillery. Does it mean that i must make a
fire
> support accuracy test and chose a warhead type for the bomb ?

Ground attack craft use the off-table support rules just like artillery.
But, i
nstead of an artillery round coming onto the table, the aircraft itself
comes o
n. This uses the Aerospace rules.

For instance, in the scenario I'm putting on my web site today, a ground
attack
 VTOL gunship comes on the board. It uses the Inbound Chart just like an
artill
ery round, but when it gets to the board it is physically moved and
fired like
a vehicle.

I suppose you could treat high altitude bombing like artillery. I would
use the
 "orbital artillery" (ortillery) rules for those.

> Sniper
> If a hidden sniper use he's normal move, he is spotted and his figure
is plac
ed
> on the table ?

Yes. If a sniper is hidden, he can use the special hidden sniper rules
to move
to one of his other pre-arranged hiding places. But if he wants to move
anywher
e other than that, he is placed on the table. He is then treated as a
regular i
ndividual figure. He can be shot at and everything.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com
From - Wed Jan 03 11:05:43 2001
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:38:44 -0500
From: Chan Faunce <chanfaunce@toast.net>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Ft} FBII Ship Bits
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

I've got those on my homepage (see below).

johncrim@voicenet.com wrote:

> Has anyone created a .gif or .jpg of the Fleetbook II systems yet?
I'm tryin
g to get all
> of my ships written up and ready to go, and I need Phalon and Sa'Vasku
icons
to prepare

--
Channing C. Faunce

chanfaunce@NOSPAMHEREtoast.net
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/index.html

NEW projects
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/tidak.jpg
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/vadok1.jpg

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes
     decide everything. attributed to Josef Stalin

Prev: [Ft} FBII Ship Bits Next: Re: [Ft} FBII Ship Bits