Prev: Re: For someone who asked for a link to the swiss Next: Re: [SG2] SG2 Index - Update Coming!!!

Re: OT Game Sheet Mounting

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:13:54 -0800
Subject: Re: OT Game Sheet Mounting

>I have a game board for a game that I d/led online and used Corel Draw
>increase in size to allow the use of micro-machines.  The problem is in
>printing it I have a 9 x 5 sheet game board 45 8.5 x 11 inch pages.  I
want
>to join them in such a way as the edges are seemless and still be able
>carry this thing around in a reasonable container.

You have a couple of options here:

1) You can print the individual sheets out on a laser printer (tiled
with overlap set to 0), and mount them on sheets of either Bristol
board or thin masonite (both available at better art stores). Another
mounting option, is to take the sheets to a "frame it yourself"
place, and they can mount the sheets for you on foam-core board or
either of the above mentioned materials (though you may have to
supply it)

2) Larger print shops have Plotters that can handle oversized print
jobs. Depending on the capabilities of their plotter and the size per
piece you'd like to end up with, you should be able to come up with
something that works. Using one of these beasts costs far more than
the tiling option, but it's not THAT bad.

My personal preference is for plotters and mounting on masonite.
However, make sure that you have something that you're happy with -
and will be continuous to be happy with for some time. You only want
to do this once.

If you're looking to economize the project, I'd suggest tiling and
mounting it yourself on Bristol board or something comparable.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions if I've been unclear.

Schoon
From - Fri Dec 22 21:59:19 2000
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:35:47 -0800
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FT] New Weapon
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

>> Phased Array (the name doesn't really matter - I
>> made it up after the fact)
>
>Needs more pungent PSB. If after ransacking old
>Dr.Who and Lost In Space plots you still can't think
>of anything, throw it to the EFSB crew.
>
><Smirks and sneaks off before the Narns can make
>an appearence>

The name made me think of Phased Array Radar. If it truely doesn't
matter,
how about calling it the Kill-O-Zap Gun ;)

Ndege Diamond
One should not increase, beyond what is necessary,
the number of entities required to explain anything.

Prev: Re: For someone who asked for a link to the swiss Next: Re: [SG2] SG2 Index - Update Coming!!!