Prev: Building 'unusual' starships Next: Re: SG2 - Starship corridor/sewer terrain site

Re: SG2 - Starship corridor/sewer terrain site

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:18:47 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 - Starship corridor/sewer terrain site

>>I'm sure a number of you will want to check it out. Anyone have any
>>comments on the company?

I've not dealt with them directly, but I've a friend that's both ordered
for a local store, and done direct for himself, and certainly seems like
class act with class materials. Another Brit group that seems to have no
problems with selling to colonials. ;->=

>Like a lot of resin scenics, its biggest problem is that to cover any
>decent area of tabletop you need a LOT of it, which starts to get
rather
>expensive. That said, it IS very impressive if you can afford it!

AND heavy. That was one nice thing about the old Sci-Fi Supply
vacu-formed
stuff; worked up very light, but could be tricky to work with. Dunno if
they're still in business. They ran the giant-sized Star Wars and Ogre
battles at GenCon. You got to love MicroMachine fighters attacking a
six-foot long Star Destroyer. *sigh*

Has anyone tried out the downloadable Reviresco corridors? I know John's
planning on selling them eventually, but I don't know if he's going to
print up packs, or do the e-business download-for-charge stuff.

I did some downloads, printed and made up a few, was reminded of why I
hate
paper construction. ;->=

However, they turned out fairly well, and I had a few suggestions to
pass
on to him. Had a few more that came to me, but got sidetracked by the
operation in Oct, and haven't played with them yet.

One thing: if they were sloped on the interior walls, the decks could be
narrower, but still allow reaching down into the corridors to move figs.

Course, you have to be fairly gentle when playing, and you're stuck with
the printed pattern, as they probably won't paint up very well. ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Building 'unusual' starships Next: Re: SG2 - Starship corridor/sewer terrain site