Prev: RE: [FT] SML magazines Next: Re: [HIST] conflicts in the GZGverse - LLAR

RE: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 06:57:27 -0500
Subject: RE: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

I did a scenario set on the Moon (vacuum, low gravity, closer horizon)
called Moonbase Xi (http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/scenarios/moonbasexi.html).

To answer beth's question, yes and no. Aircraft would need much greater
lift area (without increasing weight) or would need much larger engines
(but then they would be more of controlled low-altitude rockets). And
yes and no. If you could get the same lift from the same mass, the
carring capacity would be increased. If you have to increase the mass
to get sufficient lift (of the same mass), then no it would carry less
mass (as some of the mass that would have been carried is used to
provide lift).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net