Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 27 Nov 2000 08:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

> Has anyone out there come up with a set of rules for zero or low g
> combat for Dirtside? I'm thinking about running a Dirtside table at >
the Cold Wars convention and am considering a scenario set on Mars.
> Any ideas or links would be appreciated :)

I don't remember the value of the gravitation on Mars, but I wouldn't
call it zero or low g. So I wouldn't change the rules much.

If you are thinking about an un-terraformed Mars, the thin athmosphere
would be the main difference to an Earth-type planet. Some suggestions:
- use only power-armoured infantry
- if you use 'normal' infantry treat them as being under gas attack
- reduce aircraft capabilities (less payload, higher vulnerability or
cost), ditto for hovercraft.
- Increase DFFG range due to thinner athmosphere
- Increase HVC/MDC range due to lower gravity
- Better terrain performance for grav-vehicles due to lower gravity
- Appropriate terrain - no water features or vegetation
- sandy areas create dust cloud (treat as smoke screen) if crossed by
hovercraft

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat