Prev: robotic aliens... Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:37:38 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

"G'day", quoth Beth again:

>  >The rules for "Cybertanks", page 19,
>  >left column, are hereby attached to my
>  >question.
>
> Luckily enough I happen to have a DS rulebook on my shelf
(sandwiched
> between my calculus textbook and an ichthyology text so my
supervisor would
> stop giving me weird looks every time he walked in and found it on
my
> desk).

I keeping FT on my desk, along with a Bible, a textbook on medieval
literature and a few more directly sales-related books.  My boss has
never asked about it--I guess he assumes it goes along with being
eddicat...edykayt...well-read.

> So now I'm up to par, I still wouldn't increase the cost of your
> tanks much at all anyway. Off the top of my head an extra 50 points
or
> so

I hear 50 from the lady, any other bids?  Fifty going once....

> give them the ability to ignore morale or know everything that all
other
> tanks on the field know (less LOS issues for instance), but give
them a
> downside too (say they have a hierarchy and if a node is blown then
all the
> subordinates either stop dead for a turn/forever, or continue on the
last
> action regardless, or automatically revert to trying to stop the
nearest
> enemy unit).

I suppose the last would work, I don't see the "stop/repeat" as being
viable failure modes and I doubt a military contractor in 200 years
would be able to get by with it.

 My Daleks aren't effected by morale much, so to balance it out
> I gave them a suppression under first fire (they're spinning around
rather
> frantically announcing their intentions to exterminate) and they
have an
> Emperor (if you find and kill it then they all pretty much go
away)...blue
> police boxes and men in scarves can often unsettle them too ;)

<g> "Hello, can you help me? I'm a spy"

Prev: robotic aliens... Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat