Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Modular warships

Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:52:34 +1100
Subject: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page

G'day

 >The rules for "Cybertanks", page 19,
 >left column, are hereby attached to my
 >question.

Luckily enough I happen to have a DS rulebook on my shelf (sandwiched
between my calculus textbook and an ichthyology text so my supervisor
would
stop giving me weird looks every time he walked in and found it on my
desk). So now I'm up to par, I still wouldn't increase the cost of your
tanks much at all anyway. Off the top of my head an extra 50 points or
something fairly nominal would probably suffice given the fact the
current
morale system rarely if ever effects tank units (in my experience they
usually die well before being effected by morale). If you use one of the

suggested sets of house rules for morale you might want to up the cost
of
the AI as it will have more of an effect. Alternatively you may want to
give them the ability to ignore morale or know everything that all other

tanks on the field know (less LOS issues for instance), but give them a
downside too (say they have a hierarchy and if a node is blown then all
the
subordinates either stop dead for a turn/forever, or continue on the
last
action regardless, or automatically revert to trying to stop the nearest

enemy unit). My Daleks aren't effected by morale much, so to balance it
out
I gave them a suppression under first fire (they're spinning around
rather
frantically announcing their intentions to exterminate) and they have an

Emperor (if you find and kill it then they all pretty much go
away)...blue
police boxes and men in scarves can often unsettle them too ;)

Have fun

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: DSII Vehicle creation page Next: Modular warships