Prev: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi.. Next: dsII by Pbem.... cyberboard..

Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 08:42:04 -0600
Subject: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

Welcome, Bob!

If you don't mind, I have a few comments:

***
I live in Spain where gaming is "limited" and solo play..
***

While personally find the concept unusual, several of the list members
play
FT II, a miniatures game, by e-mail. Given that you're running things on
board by yourself anyway, this will give you some interaction that is
much
of the joy of this hobby.

I've not heard DS II run that way, though it's obviously an area you'd
be
keen on.

Just out of curiosity, you've not seen 'tourists' who'd love to get away
from the SO long enough for a quick pick up game? ;->=

***
The only cloud on the horizon is the fact that even after 30 years my
long
suffering wife has never discovered the joys of "playing toy soldiers"
so,
sadly, I don't have a regular opponent under lock and key..
***

By far, the norm, and the reason Beth should probably attain sainthood
on
this list, if not gaming in general. However, most of us are quite
appreciative of our own long-suffering SO's. When you live with a
neatness
freak, and you've got the basement, your home office, half the bedroom,
places you've forgotten cluttered with books, games, figs,
junk-waiting-to-become-scenery, what have I done to be worthy?!?!?

***
BTW I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the level of discussion
evident in the archives.. congratulations .. I have found very few lists
with such depth of both interest and quality of discussion.. The sort of
people who play a set of rules say a lot about the rules themselves..
***

Indeed! Having been the generator of more than my share of bonehead
comments, I have already thanked the group for civility as well as
well-reasoned and insightful comments. I thank them again.

***
can someone please help me out and point me to a computer assist for
vehicle designers for dirtside..(the more the merrier..)
***

On this one, I fail you, though I'm certain I've seen these discussed,
and
links provided. Until someone(s) pops up, look in the archives. It's in
there... ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi.. Next: dsII by Pbem.... cyberboard..