Prev: Re: Q about ordering 15mm GZG minis Next: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

From: "chubbybob" <bob@r...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:39:49 +0100
Subject: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..

hi All
       I am new to the list but not to gaming..  I game a non Tufley
universe in civil war using the ships (mainly heavily converted) from GW
empire range. I have used both FT , BFG and several lesser known rules
sets.. I "discovered" GZG dirtside figures while looking for a source of
6mm
minis on the web a few weeks ago... I live in Spain where gaming is
"limited" and solo play.. I don't therefore get much chance to look at
miniatures that often.. I seldom return to the UK.. I ordered some of
The
GZG dirtside infantry from Jon and was immediately "blown away" by the
beauty of the figures. I have seen less detail on 15mm figs.. My next
move
was to purchase samples of each pack and out of interest (I am a rules
magpie) a copy of dirtside II.. I have to admit my interest was also in
personalities as I believe I wargamed with Mike Elliot many years ago in
the
Witham area and wanted to see what he had been up to. (If Mikes on the
list
maybe he could make contact and confirm/deny this..) .. After a few
minutes
reading the rules , I dived for the gaming table and started to
experiment..
I was very impressed.. Fast , simple and violent..  Since then I have
dusted
off my 6mm figure collection , rediscovered old unpaited Scotia and I
think
CMD figures bought at a long forgotten convention in the UK and started
table game my planetary attacks rather than boardgame them as I have
till
now..
Ah what rediscovered joys!!!! Oh and all in 3 weeks..  heheheheh I live
in a
tourist town so winter is a time of rest and devotion to
wargaming...?=0)
lucky guy huh??? The only cloud on the horizon is the fact that even
after
30 years my long suffering wife has never discovered the joys of
"playing
toy soldiers" so, sadly, I don't have a regular opponent under lock and
key..
	    Enough rambling (apologies to all having no interest in my
life
history)!! I discovered the list some 3 days ago and am tortuously
working
my way through 6 years of list archives.. can someone please help me out
and
point me to a computer assist for vehicle designers for dirtside..(the
more
the merrier..)
BTW I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the level of discussion
evident in the archives.. congratulations .. I have found very few lists
with such depth of both interest and quality of discussion.. The sort of
people who play a set of rules say a lot about the rules themselves.. If
the
archives are anything to go by I have at last struck paydirt with GZG...
	   Thanks all for any forthcoming assistance..

		 Bob DeAngelis

Prev: Re: Q about ordering 15mm GZG minis Next: Re: new lister ... presents his credentials and says hi..