Prev: SG2 close assault Next: Re: Modern Close Assault

Re: SG2 close assault

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:20:32 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 close assault

> Which, in modern combat, is actually the case. Modern combat does not
stress
> hand-to-hand combat.
>
> [Tomb] Whereas from conversations with several people in Canadian and
US
SF,
> I know this to be true even in elite units, undoubtedly if we consider
what
> SG2 close assault is, it is high-rate close-range fire, hand and rifle
> grenades, and only in very rare cases is it actual bayonet assault.
Since
it
> represents the close in fire fight, using the mechanistic trick of
stopping
> 2" away and rolling fire dice kind of reeks of cheese. I'd be tempted
let
> the enemy unit (if unactivated) attempt reaction fire or to initiate a
> counter close-assault if someone tried to pull their squad up 20m
short
and
> engage...

Correct application of ortillery would solve this whole discussion.
Yes, I
know atmosphere effects can cause ortillery to deviate from small
targets,
but if you choose to occupy a planet where the atmosphere is external
instead of internal, that's your own fault.

Prev: SG2 close assault Next: Re: Modern Close Assault