Prev: Re: Command Con II by-product! Next: SG2 close assault

RE: [SG2] close assault: more of the same

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:30:49 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG2] close assault: more of the same

[Bri] Unexpected move by the opponent. A hidden unit was activated after
you activated your unit. A unit uses its activation to combat move to
within
CA range and then Command reactivates the unit for the CA.

> and
> 2) He who hesitates is lost. This might actually require shrewd choice
> from
> the attacker because he might choose to assault a unit waiting to
act...
> which also places a choice before the defender when activating if this
is
> risk!

[Bri] This is especially true if you are using house rules for Overwatch
such as yours (see http://www.stargrunt.com/rules/ovwatch.html).

> And I'm pretty confident that a unit that has taken a close range
> charge and engaged in a short range melee is likely to be incapable of
> action.
[snip]

[Bri]
Or even if they had to make a quick withdraw from a CA.

> Thomas R. S. Barclay

My comments above marked by [Bri]

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/sg2/
---

Prev: Re: Command Con II by-product! Next: SG2 close assault