Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Oh Happy Day!!!

Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:45:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:52:55 +0000, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

>My worry is that it means that in some cases you could need five (or
more!)
>of EVERY die type per player, or else you'd be re-rolling  the same
dice
>and trying to remember the scores you rolled (or even worse, having to
>write them down!) - something I tried really hard to avoid. In FT is is
>bit different because it's just a handful of D6, and everyone has loads
of
>them. If everyone agrees that it won't be a problem, however, I'll
probably
>go with it.

As I said earlier, it's not a problem. You currently really need at
least 3 or
4 of every die anyway. I've seen cases of squads rolling 3 D8s (D8
support
weapon, 4 guys with firepower 2, Regular quality) and the opponent
rolling a
D8 for range band. I bought even more dice because I find in convention
games
that the dice tend to gravitate to one side of the table or the other. I
like
having a fair number of dice around so no one has to reach too far.

Five of one type is no problem here.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Oh Happy Day!!!