Prev: Re: What is the location of the rebel base? Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:41:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:06:04 +0000, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

>now, the main reason it wasn't
>used in SG in the first place is that I didn't like the idea of having
>roll 5 dice (or 1 die 5 times) for an armour-5 target. What does
everyone
>else think about this? It's certainly a better probability system, but
is
>it too much die rolling or not...?

No, not really too much dice rolling.

If you get 5 potential hits on a squad, you roll 5 times. I now have, I
think,
12 of each type of dice for SG2 just to make dice rolling easier.
Rolling 5 of
one type isn't much more time consuming than rolling 3 or 4. If the
probabilities come out better, then I'd say go for it.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: What is the location of the rebel base? Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams