Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up)

Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

From: Jonathan white <jonw@n...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:29:49 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:
> > > I have a solution for missiles and plasma bolts. If we take the
> > > vector movement system
> > > everything has enercia. Well it should anyrate :) So why not add
> > > the LAST turn's velocity to
> > > the missiles? If you ship is traveling 18" then the missiles go
> > > and extra 18" in the direction of
> > > the velocity of the ship that's firing them.
This is presuming the missiles do not have clever enough guidance
systems to compensate for the velocity of the launching vehicle. I can
see no good reason why they should have that restriction - especially if
they don't have a  number of turns of flying to do like MT missiles.
They could do a massive deceleration burn as soon as they popped out of
the tube, then plot their given trajectory...

				TTFN

--
"It was rather an unusual shop because it didn't sell anything..."
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: [SG2] large games (batallion level and up)