Prev: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:00:13 EST
Subject: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
In the demos I've seen, long-rod penetrators don't make much of a fuss
when they hit the ground. Nowhere near as much as a 120mm HE shell,
anyway :-/
-------------------------

In a demo I saw of a hyper-velocity Kinetic penetrator, the weapon
managed
to go ping-ping through the turret of an old M-48 leaving a nice clean
hole
on one side and a somewhat larger hole on the other side.  I was told
the
shockwave that went through the tank was enough to kill the crew and do
other nasty stuff.

If high velocity rounds act like most rifled rounds then typically what
happens is they will enter the ground and deflect downwards.  Great if
you
are up against the Mole Men of Mars.  ;-)

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: Re: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles