Prev: Re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA) Next: Need help on a campaign spreadsheet...

Re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:05:14 +1100
Subject: Re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

G'day,

Without seeing the figs (or much of the show unfortunately) a first cut
might look something like:

Tanker bug:
Size 3 (bigger depending on the figure)
Armour: Max for size
Fixed mount (or at most restricted turret) DFFG of biggest class
possible
for size.
Basic fire control
no ECM
no stealth
not even the free APSW
BMF: 4 or 6 (can't remember how slow these things were)

As for movement I'd have pre-plotted bug highways drawn on a map of the
playing table, they (and any other bug for that matter) can move along
these (you could use a penny or something to mark their spot in the
tunnel
on the map if you want to keep them off the table for surprise value).
If
you wanted to get very fancy you could have grades of tunnel that match
the
size class that can use them (e.g. grade 3 can only be used by size
class 1
or less). Then treat it as a VTOL but in the down direction not up. So
they
pop-up out of the tunnels (they don't need an exit hole they can just
plow
straight up) to fire, they can then stay there or return to the tunnels
(leaving nice big hole they can be followed down). I'd say if both are
on
the surface then fire and cover are done as normal. If both are in the
tunnels then depending on how windy they are  I'd say that there's a
very
restricted range and they'd be considered in heavy cover. I'd also say
things in tunnels can target (or be targeted by) units on the surface
(unless there's a handy exit hole between them). Though heavy artillery
could probably have a crack at them, but treat them as dug-in or super
heavy cover or something.

Plasma bug (artillery):
Size 5 (actually I can't remember how big these things were so once
again
look at the figure and guess)
Armour: Max for size
Heavy artillery battery (as they shot into space)
Give them some basic PDS, APSW for self protection (think of them as
spitting little droplets of plasma or something)
BMF: 2 to 4 (they were slow weren't they?)

Plasma Bug (ADS):
Same as above but with ADS for ZAD instead of artillery abilities (or if

have artillery then its light or something).

After all its quite conceivable that related species could use the same
mechanism for slightly different things ;)

Just a few thoughts

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au