Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: [OT] Don't Work, Play Games

Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

From: Jonathan white <jonw@n...>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 10:15:15 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

Joseph Arnold wrote:
> Can we say "Electro-Magnetic Pulse?"
Difficult to generate on a precise scale.

> As for the self-painting targets, don't
> forget the commo could be uni-directional.
And it would know which direction to send it in how?

> That would tend to help somewhat.
> Also since the signals would at most have to go about 20 meters, the
signal
> strength could be so low as to be semi safe. Just a thought.
Yup. Make the signal strength so low you have to be in the minefield to
detect it. Nasty.

Strikes me that, if you've got landmines jumping 10 meters in the air,
what you actually need is to make sure each platoon has someone with a
shotgun and that they do regular skeetshooting practice :). Drop a
mortar shell in the middle to start the ball rolling. "pull!"

				TTFN
					Jon
--
"It was rather an unusual shop because it didn't sell anything..."
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: [OT] Don't Work, Play Games