Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:58:47 +1100
Subject: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

> I read an article in New Scientist recently about a proposed mine type
that
> rearranges itself so it can't be cleared. This set me to wondering
about
> whether you could use an air-burst to clear minefields. Is it
plausible?

Try looking at the Metal Storm 40mm system being investigated by our
very own DSTO. Produdly made in Australia, so the concept will be sold
to the US for a pittance, and manufactured there.
Like Winnin. Or Black Box Flight Recorders. Or Dolby systems. Or...

Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering