Prev: RE: FMA Next: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] SellingFigs, old game

SG2 vehicle targeting not good enough?

From: "shogakusha" <shogakusha@g...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:45:42 -0600
Subject: SG2 vehicle targeting not good enough?

Is it just me, or are vehicle fire controls in sg2 as pathetic as they
seemed to be to me last night? I'll admit that it was the first time I'd
ever played with any signifigantly armed vehicles. take a typical
soldier
with a saw and he rolls a d8 for his quality, put him on the same gun on
vehicle with a basic firecon and he goes down to a d6. I just think the
firecon thing is kind of crap, it doesn't take into effect the people
using
the fire control system and for an infantry centered system this feels
wrong. wouldn't it make more sense to take a vehicle crew, give them a
quality, and then let them use that quality to roll with, modified by
the
type of firecon they are using? I just think that an elite trooper
controlling a turret with open sights would do better than a green
trooper
on the same gun, and I think the rules should show this. It also seemed
that
some of the vehicle weapons were woefully underpowered vs infantry, any
particular reason2? I'm really loving stargrunt II, this is the first
thing
so far that has felt wrong, I guess because none of our games up till
now
had used heavy weapons or vehicles.

shogakusha

Prev: RE: FMA Next: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] SellingFigs, old game