Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: Re: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:45:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:30:00 +0000, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

>The usual method on THIS side of the big pond is to take them along to
the
>bring-and-buy at a show, but I don't know how practical this would be
over
>there......

Most of the conventions in North America are bigger, regional things.
It's a
function of the fact that the US and Canada (especially Canada) have a
much
lower population density. Shows tend to be larger but more spread out,
in time
and location. I drool with envy at the British gaming conventions.

Of course, driving from Glasgow to London is considered a big deal and
takes,
what, 8 hours? I'm driving to "Fall In" at Gettysburg in two days: about
10
hours from Toronto. GenCon is 12 hours in the other direction.

At conventions, you don't get a lot of what you call "bring and buys".
I'm not
sure exactly what they are, either. I mean, I can guess based on the
name, but
I don't know the structure. Is it an auction? Or do you have a table or
booth?
In North America, you usually only have auctions. Most of them are a hit
and
miss kind of thing. GenCon, for instance, has so much stuff that it's
easy to
never see anything you were after. Your stuff often gets lost at
conventions.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: Re: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)