Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:24:59 -0600
Subject: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

I'm going to have disagree on flea markets and Con auctions/sales. While
occasionally good money, I find them more often the site of bargains.
Good
places to buy, less often to sell.

Now, swap meets can be very good, simply if you have enough folks that
have
enough weird tastes so that your 'poison' is another person's meat, and
visa versa.

Otherwise, I'll have to agree with Schoon. Between news lists and online
auctions, you're getting exposure to a darn large audience. Just realize
it
includes some serious wackos and/or flakes. Coming from me, that's quite
statement.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)