Prev: Increasingly [OT] Re: Sa'Vasku Assimulation Pods Next: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:58:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Bell, Brian K wrote:

> Or take a page from DS2/SG2 and use opposed rolls:
>
> Determine the number of pods that are attacking.
>
> Determine the number of crew factors left.
>
> Crew factors may combine to gang up on a pod.
>
> Any one crew factor or pod may only engage in ONE
> fight in any given turn. That is if a ship has 3 crew
> factors and they gang up on one pod, then any
> additional pod man NOT make an attack this turn.

This seems ripe for abuse to me. Assuming the defenders fire first, and
they're facing several pods, it would make sense to gang EVERYONE up on
one pod. Then, by your rule, the rest of the pods stand around looking
stupid, even if nobody has attacked them.

Not cool.

I'd say borrow SG2's melee rule - one-on-one matchups until one side
runs
out, then extras can gang up where desired.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

> Rolls are made in the 'Turn End' phase just prior to
> damage control rolls. Crew that are engaged in
> combat may not make repairs.
>
> Pods and Crew roll at the same time.
> Crew:  #   Roll to kill 1 pod or crew
>	 1     6
>	 2     5
>	 3     4
> Pod:	 1     6
>
> If the crew factor is lost, the corresponding hull box
> is also lost.
>
> Like Leach Pods, these pods last until killed.
>

> This also works for boarding parties. Except the
> boarding party may gang up on the crew as well.
> Specially trained boarding parties (cost TBD)
> count as 2 crew factors in boarding actions.
>

> -----
> Brian Bell
> bkb@beol.net
> http://www.ftsr.org