Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: Re: Re: New Pod armaments

Re: Re: New Pod armaments

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:37:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Re: New Pod armaments

In message <00b601c042f0$d20e2320$68f348a6@pavilion>
	  "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> > Hmmm, there's an idea. You'd have to make up a mechanic that would
> > make it relatively easy for a Thrust 6 or 8 ship to evade, while
> > making it more difficult for a Thrust 2 or 4.
> >
> > I'm not sure if that would entirely solve the balance problem, but
> > it's a good idea.
>
> I don't recall the mechanism for pod attacks but "-1/2 Target's
> MainDrive" on the To Hit roll suggests itself.

Hmm.. Lance and Leech pods (and several unofficial varients I and others
proposed on the list a few months back) determine whether or not they
hit in the same way as 'old' (pre-Fleet Book 1) Pulse Torpedoes.

I was considering a 'boarding pod' concept myself, but I never developed
it much, something like:

Roll to hit as a Lance Pod, if it hits, 1 boarding party is injected
into the target ship.
Then use whatever boarding party rules you like.

If you want to make it nastier, increase the number of boarding parties
injected per pod.

Charles

Prev: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods) Next: Re: Re: New Pod armaments