Prev: WCC pic q and an SG2/FMA capability Q for GeneThieves Next: Re: Re: New Pod armaments

RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:57:05 EST
Subject: RE: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

>Determine the number of pods that are attacking.
>
>Determine the number of crew factors left.
>
>Crew factors may combine to gang up on a pod.

The only conceptual problem I have with this is that ships, ESPECIALLY
war
ships are compartmentalized.  It's not an open field so the crew really
can't gang up.	The difference would be if the ship were larger it would

have room for a Marine contingent which would be employed to repel
borders.
Ship crew are generally poor troops when they aren't doing ship things.

Close Quarters Combat on the berthing deck is not a "ship thing"!

So give, small ships a better chance to evade the pod, and larger ships
better chance at defeating the boarders.  Anything under "Cruiser" size
kills pods on a 1.  "Cruiser" and above kills on a 1-3.
Killing pods kill on a 4-6 and assimulation pods assimulate on a 5-6.

So now you have just 1 die roll:

Killing Pod vs. Non-Marine reinforced crew:
1 Pod dies
2-3 No effect this turn
4-6 Crew box eliminated.

Killing Pod vs. Non-Marine reinforced crew:
1-3 pod dies
4-6 crew box eliminated

Assimulation Pod vs. Non-Marine reinforced crew:
1 pod dies
2-4 no effect
5-6 one crew box eliminated, additional pod created

Assimulation Pod vs. Marine reinforced crew:
1-3 pod dies
4 no effect
5-6 one crew box eliminated, additional pod created

The effects of assimulation should be given treatment as well.	There
should
be Full (Borg like) assimulation where all functions of the ship are
well
known to the assimulant.  The other is Partial assimulation where the
assimulant must spend time learning the functions of the ship.	So for
each
turn roll a D6 for each system (Helm, each weapon, each type of fighter)
and
on a 6 the assimulant brings it on line.

Just a thought.  --Peter

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: WCC pic q and an SG2/FMA capability Q for GeneThieves Next: Re: Re: New Pod armaments