Prev: RE: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

Re: Late night DS2 - SG2 interface question: qualities

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:07:05 +0100
Subject: Re: Late night DS2 - SG2 interface question: qualities

Barclay, Tom wrote:

>We talked about harmonizing the DS2 and SG2 systems (thanks for
>another intelligent reply Oerjan, but your comment on classified stuff
>only makes me more fascinated...).

<g>

>On ammo:
>I have (in SG2) tended to use SLAMs and GMS systems as limited >ammo
systems.
>I assume DFFG photonic cores aren't too large, nor is the ammo for
>gauss or other mass drivers.

MDC/5 ammo is most likely about as large as RFAC/2 ammo - but in the
MDC case it's all penetrator and sabot, no propellant. 'Course, that
doesn't include the size of the MDC's power supply :-/

>HKPs probably aren't even that large.
>Only standard HVC cannons actually probably have big bulky ammo.

HKP ammo is very similar to HVC ammo - both are chemically-powered, and
it's the propellant which takes up most of the volume.

'Course, HKPs as described in DSII are utterly impractical - from a
weapon designer's viewpoint there's nothing they can do that a normal
HVC can't do at least as well, and to a lower cost in both money and
mass...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?