Prev: Re: FB2 errata - I found another Next: Re: [GZG WCC]: I forgot something!

Re: Calendars was: Population modelling and relativity

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:29:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Calendars was: Population modelling and relativity

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
> Not the only problem with calendars on alien worlds. The various
> religious calendars are closely linked to earth astronomy.
>
> Easter is on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the
> spring equinox. Go figure that out for Epsilon Eridani.

	IIRC that was the basis (or the pretext) for the religious
	war in David Drake's COUNTING THE COST.
	One side figured that Easter should be celebrated when it
	was Easter on Earth, the other figured that it should be
	calculated locally.

Prev: Re: FB2 errata - I found another Next: Re: [GZG WCC]: I forgot something!