Prev: [GZG WCC]: I forgot something! Next: Re: FB2 errata - I found another

Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 20 Oct 2000 11:30:11 -0700
Subject: Re: [way OT] Mag Blast, Tartans, Daleks

On Fri, 20 October 2000, "Barclay, Tom" wrote:

> 3) Anyone make a some NAC troops in Kilts and Balmorals with standard
NAC
> ARs? We need some highland units.

Well, not a bad idea for dress uniforms, but not exactly practical for
combat.
That leads to an interesting idea: is there a demand for 25mm dress
uniforms fo
r the various forces? As if Jon doesn't have enough minis to produce...

> 5) Allan, I think you'll find that the large tartan kilt/wrap people
in the
> highlands used to wear was referred to as "the Great Plaid.

Well, the modern kilt itself is actually an 18th century artifact. It's
not "au
thentic". The "great plaid" is, which was basically a garment that was
worn aro
und the legs and over the shoulder. It was a very practical garment.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: [GZG WCC]: I forgot something! Next: Re: FB2 errata - I found another