Prev: Re: [FH] Balance of Power Next: Re: RE-GZG weat coast con:4 (!) days and counting...

Re: OT: Mage Knight Rebellion

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 01:49:35 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Mage Knight Rebellion

A) "Galactic Empires" by Companion Games.  I am not sure how many cards
I have
for
this one....If made into a single stack, it is about 14 inches
high...Has lots
of
interesting crew/ship/terrain cards.  Easily the most complex of the
three.	I
bought
2 or 3 display boxs of booster cards from a toy outlet for 2 bucks
apeice.

B) "Supernova".  I don't remember who published this one...I do know it
is out
of
print.	The interesting bit of this one, is the attacks:  Players may
make Mili
tary
attacks, Diplomatic attacks, and Economic attacks.

C) "Star of the Guardians" by MAG FORCE 7 inc.	This is based on the
books of t
he same
name by Margaret Weis.	Has an interesting game mechanic:  Lanes.
Between each
 player
(in a two player game) is a "front" of 5 lanes.  You place ships into
each of t
he
lanes, in upto three rows.  In three and four player games, there are
just two
"fronts" for each player.  One for each of that player's neighbors.
Players pl
ay for
"Power Points".  A player can be eliminated by attacking that player's
home wor
ld.

I haven't played the second two, for lack of cards.  The first one I
have gotte
n in a
game or two...(when "Real Life tm" dosn't interfere...)
There are oddities in playing space empire games this way...You can't
feild som
ething
unless you have the card.  I have thought of combineing all three
games...:-)

Donald Hosford

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
> > As a limited card player I have some thoughts.  (I collect space
empire bui
lding