Prev: Re: population modelling, a la Brian Next: Re: [FT] SSD question

Re: OT: Mage Knight Rebellion

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:06:49 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Mage Knight Rebellion

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:05:05 -0700, krs@geohex.com wrote:

>The game is the
>brain child of Jordan Weisman of Battletech fame and
>should be a success.

I wish you success, KR. But I know that around here, NO store is buying
into
more collectible stuff. Even collectible disk games, which were the "big
thing" at GenCon aren't making any kind of impression. Too many stores
got
burned. If stores aren't buying Star Trek disk games, or any of the
other disk
games, they aren't likely to get into a "collectible miniatures" game.

I also concur with Rick. Didn't play a demo, but watched a couple. It
looked
kind of dull. The figures were okay (not badly painted, for machine
painted
plastic minis) but very "derivative". My friend Sherry was mildly
amused/disgusted at the big hefty-chested female magic user (we all know
the
target market for this game). It looked cumbersome with a lot of
figures, and
boring with a few. Not exactly a deep game.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: population modelling, a la Brian Next: Re: [FT] SSD question