Prev: Re: Ftl tugs, mass and psb question Next: Brisbane's Auran BIG Weekend 2001

RE: FT-HH LAC`s

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 07:37:31 -0400
Subject: RE: FT-HH LAC`s

HH Missiles (suggestion):
Mass 2.
Fire from SML Launcher/Rack.
Endurance: 6
Movement: 24mu, may make upto a 2 pt turn (ala MT missiles)
May burn 1 endurance ONCE for terminal guidance (ala second move for
fighters) of upto 6mu, but then is dead if no target is in range.
Treat as Salvo Missiles for PDS, but give PDS + 1 on rolls. Most of the
missile damage was from overwhelming the PDS defenses.
Treat as Salvo Missiles for damage (alternatly 1d6 per missile that
hits).
Cost you will have to balance to the rest of the HH universe.

The other option would be to cut beam/P-Torp weapons to 1/3rd range.
That is Beams would have range bands of 4mu and P-Torps would have
range bands of 2mu. And use normal SML ranges/effects for missiles.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
-----

HH
> universe ships for FT, and complaining about the lack of range of FT
> missiles for HH universe ships, if you use limited arc energy weapons
> (i.e.-Cl-3 bats). Oerjan sugested using phalon pulsers, to represent a
> short
> ranged, massed battery of limited arc human weapons. This has awoken
some
> ideas in my, rather rambling, brain case. I though about allowing
humans
> have a pulser weapon, limited to close range band only, with the same
PDS